Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrew Matthews and I'm a snowboarder athlete from Yellowknife, NWT. I decided to start this blog to keep my friends, family, fans and sponsors up to date about my life as a full time snowboarder. I will be posting about my travels, competitions, training and random awesome things that I come across. Enjoy the journey!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Craziness

Happy New Year!

The holidays have been jam packed for me this year. I was home for an all to quick stay, fitting in as much as I could in the time I was back. Despite the craziness, it was amazing to be home in the winter. Some of the highlights were seeing my friends; snowmobiling; playing hockey on the lake; charades with family and friends; amazing food; and snowboarding in Yellowknife again.

My family traveled down to Whistler with me to spend New Years here. Our trip back to Whistler was pretty crazy. I made a video of it because, let's face it, that's way cooler than just reading about it.
With the Calgary triple header Noram less than 2 weeks away, I'm working my butt off to meet the goals that I've set for those contests. My goal is to land runs in the pipe with backside and frontside 5s and back to back 7s, upping the ante from last years at nationals were I was doing 3 different 5s and a 7. In slopestyle I'm also looking to step it up by landing my first 9 in a contest. These contests have a way of creeping up on you and before you know it, it's go time! I have to get my game face on pretty soon. That being said, I've been feeling really confident and stoked lately so we'll see what happens.

All the best in the New Year!
Cheers,

Andy

4 comments:

  1. Kudos. This blog takes my award for best blog of 2010 so far.

    p.s where did you make that vid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm stepping it up in 2010! I made it on iMovie. Maybe I should just turn this into a video blog, this whole writing thing is a bit over rated me thinks. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic post. Also, epic journey. Hope you had a good new years! It was great to see you at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the video! So many talents...

    ReplyDelete