Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrew Matthews and I'm a snowboarder athlete from Yellowknife, NWT. I decided to start this blog to keep my friends, family, fans and sponsors up to date about my life as a full time snowboarder. I will be posting about my travels, competitions, training and random awesome things that I come across. Enjoy the journey!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to Business

Hey there,

I'm in Calgary right now for 2 Noram halfpipe and 1 ASA slopestyle contests. My friend and fellow athlete of Whistler Valley Snowboard Club (WVSC), Kyle, has been kind enough to put our coach Joe and I up in his house for the time we're here. In the last couple of weeks I've been getting back to business. I've started back on my regular training schedule with WVSC and I've also started back to university. I'm taking chemistry once a week at UBC and spending the rest of my time in Whistler. 

I've been training a lot in the pipe lately getting ready for the Noram, that and my slopestyle board was being fixed. Brad at Showcase fixed up my board and it's all good to go now, thanks Brad! I've been working on my backside spins in the pipe, one of my weaker spins. I've been able to do them in contests in the past but haven't been really confident about them. I'm putting in the time and effort to get them right this time. It's hard to have the patience to take a step back in order to take 2 steps forward but in the long run it will be a lot better.

My first contest is a night contest under the lights of Canada Olympic Park (COP). That will be really cool, I've only ever done one contest at night before. We're going to train at night today to get a feel for it. It should be a good time!

Side note: Check out Flight of the Concords It's Business Time for a laugh.

Take it easy,

Andrew





1 comment:

  1. "...only ever done one night contest before." - and you rocked the house! Have a good one, bro.

    TD

    ReplyDelete