Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrew Matthews and I'm a snowboarder athlete from Yellowknife, NWT. I decided to start this blog to keep my friends, family, fans and sponsors up to date about my life as a full time snowboarder. I will be posting about my travels, competitions, training and random awesome things that I come across. Enjoy the journey!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dealing with the Downs

Greetings,

I'm sitting on the couch right now with an ice pack on my shoulder...

Injuries in freestyle snowboarding are very common. A snowboard legend (and now an announcer for the X Games) Todd Richards wrote in his book P3 something along the lines of "When it comes to injuries it isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when and how bad." That pretty much sums it up. I've had to deal with the nuisance of injuries since I started competing in snowboarding. They suck but you've got to take them in stride and look at the bigger picture.

Yesterday I hit a jump and I was a little bit too forward with my balance. I fell forward on the landing and hit my shoulder.  My shoulder got a little inflamed but it isn't that bad. I need a couple days of rest and then I'll be back on the board again, just in time for the Burton Open. For now I'm catching up on my chemistry work and getting ready to rip!

Peace out,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment