Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrew Matthews and I'm a snowboarder athlete from Yellowknife, NWT. I decided to start this blog to keep my friends, family, fans and sponsors up to date about my life as a full time snowboarder. I will be posting about my travels, competitions, training and random awesome things that I come across. Enjoy the journey!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Athlete of the Year?!

OK, so this might be old news to some people but I haven't got around to blogging about it yet so here it is: This spring, I was awarded the Sport North NWT Senior Male Athlete of the Year Award! This is a huge honour for me to be considered one of the top athletes in the NWT. At the banquet I was very impressed with the accomplishments of all the other athletes. It's so difficult to compete with the rest of the country when you come from the north. Congratulations to everyone else that won awards. Keep it up!

I would like to again thank my parents, family, and sponsors for their support. They are the ones that continue to make it possible for me to pursue my dreams. I am very grateful to have them in my corner. Thank you!

Me accepting the award from First Air's Kim Poulter
I was more nervous for this speech than I was before the World Cup. Public speaking takes guts! Snowboard video playing in the background at the Elks Hall.
Weledeh MLA Bob Bromely and I posing for a photo. Thank you for nominating me Bob!

I'll end this post with an awesome quote I found:

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
-Arthur C. Clarke

I couldn't have said it any better than that,

Andy Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment