Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrew Matthews and I'm a snowboarder athlete from Yellowknife, NWT. I decided to start this blog to keep my friends, family, fans and sponsors up to date about my life as a full time snowboarder. I will be posting about my travels, competitions, training and random awesome things that I come across. Enjoy the journey!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mattafix - leading by example

I came across this music group recently that I'm really stoked on. I heard 2 of their hits on separate occasions and instantly fell in love with those songs without having any idea who the band was. Once I figure out that it was Mattafix, I checked out their myspace page to see what they're all about. I was stoked to see that their video 'Living Darfur' was filmed in a warzone in Chad, bordering Darfur, to raise awareness of the suffering of the people in the region. All artist royalties from this song will be donated to Oxfam, Crisis Action and the Save Darfur Coalition I have tons of respect for a group (or person) that uses their public profile to help put solve an issue such as this one. I hope that other artists take note of what Mattafix is doing and follow their example!

Living Darfur from Maroon Missionaries on Vimeo.




- A M

No comments:

Post a Comment